A white label payment gateway is a solution allowing you to process digital payments under your own brand. It is a kind of an intermediate option between an ordinary third-party gateway and a custom solution developed from scratch.
More and more companies are choosing white label payment gateway solutions. Let’s reiterate the main reasons behind their growing popularity.
What is a white label payment gateway?
Any white-label product is the one you can provide under your own brand. A white label payment gateway is mostly managed by the third-party provider. This third party handles PCI compliance, integrations, infrastructure, and merchant payment processing. However, as the product bears your company’s logo, in the eyes of your merchants, you are the provider of gateway services.
White label gateway solutions suit many categories of businesses. These include b2b SaaS companies, PayFacs, next-gen and wholesale ISO. A high risk payment gateway can also be a white-label one, because you share the liability with the provider.
So, you get an image booster and get additional revenue as a merchant service provider. After implementing a white label gateway, you can become the “best merchant services provider” for your respective customers. Even if originally your company offered SaaS services.
What makes a company implement a white label payment gateway?
Motives behind implementation of white label gateway solutions can be conceptually divided into several groups. Let us take a look at them.
- Control. You want to influence the process and improve the quality of the currently used solution. But the 3rd party provider is reluctant or unable to introduce improvements.
- Fees. In spite of high transaction volumes, the third-party provider does not want to negotiate lower gateway fees with you. You’d love to start your own payment gateway from scratch, but cannot afford it because of high cost. This makes the white label gateway the best and only option.
- Functionality. Newly emerging needs call for implementation of some features your current partner is unable to provide. In this case, a customizable white label gateway product is what you need to make the necessary adjustments.
- Logic. You need to separate processing logic from the core software product. Thus, you will simplify development cycle and lower maintenance costs. An open-source-code white label gateway product is the right solution.
- Geographies and payment types. Your current 3rd party gateway provider does not support your new target geographies, currencies, and payment types. Maybe, it is time to look for a white label solution that is already complete with the necessary features and integrations. Even if it is not, adding them might require relatively small effort.
If you need an image booster for your brand, that will also improve your merchants’ experience, it might be the right time for you to implement a white label payment gateway solution. It will allow you to control most of your merchants’ lifecycle, from onboarding to funding. Feel free to contact us to learn more about UniPay Gateway technology – a truly robust white label gateway solution.